Autumnfest, one of the North Valley’s favorite events, will return to Anthem Community Park, Oct. 22-23. The weekend-long event runs 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Autumnfest is an event for all ages; it is open to the public, parking and admission are free.
“It’s a turning point in the season,” said Michele DeMichele, director of special events for the Anthem Community Council. “People come to shop, decorate pumpkins, take great family photos, and hopefully, enjoy some cooler weather in anticipation of the coming autumn and winter.”
This year’s event activities include:
• Arts and crafts: Handmade goods, culinary creations, art, jewelry, photography, candles, furniture and many other items will be for sale by area vendors. Vendors may register through Sept. 16.
• Carnival Rides and Games: Frazier Shows Carnival offers rides and attractions including a Ferris wheel, swings, fun house and carousel. The carnival will open Thursday evening and run through the weekend at various times. Rides and games vary in price. All-you-can-ride wristbands will be available during select times. Hours will be announced at OnlineAtAnthem.com/Autumnfest.
• Kids Zone and Family Activities: Children will enjoy bounce houses/inflatables; fees apply. Enjoy Daisy Mountain Railroad train rides (fee based) and tractor-pulled hayrides (free) through Community Park.
• Pumpkin Patch: Pick the perfect pumpkin to decorate; $5 per pumpkin.
• Photo Booth: Back by popular demand! Commemorate the weekend with a photo at the photo booth, sponsored by the Anthem Community Council. Photos will be available for download the week after the event. Free.
• Food Court/Rotary Beer Garden: Food, beer and wine will be available for purchase. No outside food or drinks are allowed in the food court area. ATM on site; prices vary.
• Live Entertainment: Bands will perform at the Main Pavilion; Coldfront Country Band, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday; Superhero Band (variety), 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Sunday. Attendees will also enjoy a strolling magician and balloon artist from 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. both days. Free.
• Firewise Days, in partnership with Daisy Mountain Fire Department: Stop by to visit with Smokey Bear (Saturday only), learn what it takes to keep the community safe from fires, and take a tour through a fire truck and on-site medical trailer. Free.
“Autumnfest is one of our signature events that really builds a sense of community in Anthem,” said Kristi Northcutt, ACC director of public affairs. “It’s that ‘small town’ feel that everyone longs for, all in one place.”
The Autumnfest Title Sponsor is BrightView Landscapes, LLC. Anthem Community Park is located at 41730 N. Gavilan Peak Pkwy. Visit OnlineAtAnthem.com/Autumnfest for more information.